Welcome to the Friends of Leeman Park. We are a group of volunteers that started in August 2014 with a vision to smarten and enhance Leeman Park, Back Park and our overall neighbourhood.
© 2021 Friends of Leeman Park
Our achievements to date include...
- Smartening Cinder Lane tree bases, painting the entire 1/3 mile wall and planting bulbs under all the trees
- Creating a nature reserve at the end of Balfour Street
- Creating a community orchard behind the war memorial
- Creating an Edible York community allotment in Back Park
- Many, many small improvements and fixes, graffiti removal, litter picking and general smartening.
... but most importantly we've built an engaged community that is taking the destiny of its neighbourhood in its own hands. Join us